From:
Jennifer Tow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 23:38:39 EST
In a message dated 12/6/0 9:24:30 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< Does anybody have any information about Co Enzyme Q10 and bf.  Mom wants to

take it for help with peridontal disease.  I check the archives and Tom

Hale's website without success. >>

COQ10 has indeed proven extremely effective for peridontal disease. In the
one book I have specifically on COQ10, by William Lee, R.Ph, PhD, he states
that COQ10 should  not be taken in pregnancy and lactation *only* b/c no
tests have been done to prove it is safe. He also says, though, that COQ10
has properties (similar to adaptogens) such that it seems to have no effect
on the body when it is not needed. He also states that it is a very safe
supplement, including w/ long-term use. I personally take it and am nursing
and have taken it since my baby was a few months old (it has many uses in the
body!).
Jennifer Tow, IBCLC, CT, USA