From:
Mary Conner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 10:12:19 -0700
Here is the URL for the USDA nutrient data laboratory.  Run two searches,
one for "human milk" the other for "infant formula".  According to their
database, human milk has 4.380 grams of fat per 100 grams of milk
(although we all know that is not a constant), looking at some of the
"ready-to-feed" entries for formula put it at 3.4 to 3.5 ish grams per 100
grams of formula.  They have nice charts you can print out, though I don't
think you can get a side by side comparison straight off the web site.

http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/cgi-bin/nut_search.pl

Mary Conner