From:
Kevin Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 17:59:26 -0500
Larry Blaine wrote:

>It has only now occurred to me that Fleisher had a hand injury that kept
>him from performing for many years.  Has he recovered completely? It's
>hard to see how he could play a piece like the Brahms 1st otherwise.

Mr. Fleischer has suffered from carpal tunnel syndrome for some time and
has been unable to use his right hand in performance. From what little I
have read, his return to two handed playing has been mixed and the jury is
still out as to whether he will make a full comeback to the concert stage
or not.

Kevin