From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 08:21:18 +1000
Kim Patrick Clow's interest in Michael Haydn prompts me to mention a
couple of cpo CDs I have of other music by him performed by Deutsche
Kammerakademie Neuss conducted by Johannes Goritzki.  This is an HIP
orchestra and I very much like these and other CDs I've heard of theirs.
I don't have any of their symphony recordings but I imagine they're very
fine.  I also commend to Kim two CDs of Joseph Haydn overtures on Koch by
the Haydn Sinfonietta Wien (again HIP) conducted by Manfred Huss.  These
are wonderfully exhilarating.  In a slightly less than ideal world, either
Huss or Goritzki would be recording a complete Haydn symphony cycle.  In
a truly ideal world, they both would.

Richard Pennycuick