From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Jul 2000 14:05:02 +1000
Among the new releases listed at Chandos's website is a CD containing
Gerber's Symphony #1, Dirge and Awakening (for orchestra), Viola Concerto,
and Triple Overture (for violin, piano, cello and orchestra).  The short
clip from what I take to be the latter work had Copland's shade in the
background and the composer uses his second initial, both of which clues
suggest he is American.  Apart from his birthdate (1948), I have no other
information.  I'd be interested in impressions of any of his music and
especially this CD.

Richard Pennycuick