From:
Angi Moss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 21:53:58 -0400
i had a mom contact me today who has celiac sprue disease.  she's having
recurrent plugged ducts that started appearing after pumping in may.  she
had no problems prior to then and has stopped pumping with the plugs
continuing.  i own breastfeeding and human lactation and it only talks
about this disease in babies not in mothers.  the mom is wondering if the
disease has anything to do with the plugged ducts.  she's talked to LC that
just told her to keep nursing the affected side which she's doing.  she has
no signs of mastitis but is very tired of the plugs.  her baby is 4 mth old
and doing great.  she nursed two other child but not as long for other
reasons.  she does have soreness in her nipples but we both feel that's
from the baby being interested in the world and pulling the nipple to look
around.  any ideas or suggestions appreciated.  please email me off list as
i am currently no mail.  thanks so much.

angi moss
mom to kierian 12-8-96 and kianna 2-14-00
LLL leader