Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Yael Wyshogrod <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 12:48:46 +0200
Just to clarify, in my previous post about RN/IBCLC's, I was not saying that in my opinion an LC is better  and worth more if she is also an RN.   Of course not, how could I think that when I am not an RN myself?     I meant to say that I can see how a hospital would perceive it this way, and that is the problem, that our profession is undervalued, and this needs to change so that the LC's role will be valued  on it's own.

I do respect the multiple skills and credentials of those who are also RN's, while I don't think these make for a better professional in the LC role.     As a physical therapist, having worked in hospitals for about 15 years,  including adult and neonatal ICU's, there are many things I would be more familiar and comfortable with in a hospital setting than would be an LC without hospital background, yet I would not be a better LC because of it.

Yael Wyshogrod IBCLC
Rechovot, Israel