From:
Jeremey McMillan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 2000 01:25:47 EDT
Joyce writes:

>I can understand these feelings very well.  As a bio-pic the movie is
>worthless.

I rented "Immortal Beloved" from the video store yesterday.  I know these
movies aren't 100% accurate, but, what the hell, I love a good story.
I also loved to hear Beethoven's music in the background.  I also loved
the latter part of the movie when they showed the premiere of the Choral
Symphony.  (I think most of that is accurate) I felt joy and sorrow when
I saw how the audience starting clapping and he was totally unaware of
it until the conductor tugged on his sleeve.  When he turned around, the
people gave him a standing ovation.  A felt really sorry for the composer,
because he didn't even hear his last symphony.  I know this sounds corny,
but my eyes got a little watery!  I was glad my dad wasn't in the room!

Jeremey