Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Mandy O'Reilly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 20:00:04 -0400
Hi all,

to re-introduce myself as I have been doing lots of lurking this year. I am
a nurse midwife and IBCLC currently living in Indonesia. I do manily
community based midwifery work and breastfeeding consults, work with the
Breastfeeding Promotion Foundation as well as some maternal and child health
project work.

On the question of babies with a long stooling interval firstly, is it more
common than one would think. I see it fairly often. My approach is to check
that the breastfeeding process is as it should be and baby is well, soft
tummy etc. Then leave well alone, just reassure the mother that this is
normal for her child.

I never use laxitive medication or supposotories. In my opinion apple juice
or fruit juice does not acheive anything, it simply loads the baby with
unnecessary sugar. Prune juice works enzymatically and a teaspoon of juice
once a week is all that is required in most cases. I don't even recommend
prune juice unless the mother is extremely stressed about the situation.

Breastmilk is the ideal food for infants and gut absorption is optimal. It
does not leave behind major amounts of cellulose, fibre and debris that can
cause toxicity.

Kind Regards

Mandy O'Reilly