Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 17:25:09 +0100
I have just heard on the national news here in the UK that women with
breast implants containing soya oil have been recommended to have these
removed. The reasoning is that leakage may cause cancer.
Now I was only listening with half an ear so I may have got some of that
wrong.
However the end of the report definitely said that women with these
implants are being advised not to breastfeed.
Anyone know anything about this?
I know that I will get calls about this at work tomorrow.  My instinct
says that the risks of formula would outweigh the risks of
breastfeeding. What risks anyway?
However if that is the official line, I don't know that I can go against
it without more information.
Would welcome the collective opinion.
Regards,
--
Carolyn Westcott RN IBCLC Southampton UK
mailto:[log in to unmask]