Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 9 Jul 2000 10:11:06 +0100
Jo-Anne says:

>marriage she had; we didn't. When fathers get resentful of the
>breastfeeding relationship, I think it goes beyond feeling they are
>losing "their" breasts, and even their ownership of the female body; I
>think it means they resent the loss of status they feel in the face of
>the overwhelming power of the mother-child bond, which is so evident in
>breastfeeding.

I think this is a very good point. It also explains the pressure some
women feel to 'allow' their partner to share in the feeding, either
with EBM or formula, and the fear men (and women) have that fathers
won't be able to 'bond' with the baby if they aren't given the chance
to feed.

Heather Welford Neil
NCT bfc Newcastle upon Tyne UK