From:
"Parriott, Tess" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2000 15:22:23 -0500
Thanks to all Lactneters who responded with info to us.  It has taken us
time to assimilate this info because as we all know, we are all stretched in
our jobs. It was difficult to obtain specific numbers because some work as
staff or had other duties in addition to their LC job. No-one that responded
to us has "the recommended" 1:1000 LC's per patient deliveries. We cited
this ratio in Riordan and Auerbach. Do people find this ratio works in their
institution?  Most are scheduled for a certain amount of hours and work well
beyond the time allotted to them.  The theme that ran through all the
"we are quite busy at times, but all in all I do feel we are staffed well
enough to provide the services our patients need."  We received 15
our small sample group??

Tess Parriott RN,  IBCLC
Donna Slovinsky RN, IBCLC
Lactation Consultants