Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
pat stranger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 15:02:33 -0700
I am working with a mother who is due to adopt a baby in the next few weeks.She is an experienced adoptive breastfeeding mother having breastfed one of her own children and one adopted child for a year.It is very important for her to be able to breastfeed,since the last baby she has had her medication changed and now is on Norvasc and Toprol.I read in Meds and Mother`s Milk that Toprol is considered compatible but that there is concerns with Norvasc.Since the likely hood of this mother being able to supple the full increment of milk is moderate she will more than like be supplementing some,the amount to baby would be lower than if fully nursing.-past history achieved a good supply but she needed to supplement until solids introduced-I would welcome any input you may have as to whether it would be better for her to try and change med-unsure if this is an option  or go ahead and nurse with observations for bradycardia etc.She feels if it is not safe that she would go ahead and comfort nurse and not try and obtain a supply.
thanks for your input
Pat of MD.RN IBCLC