From:
Marcia B McCoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 18:15:10 -0500
Hi Jennifer,
I, too, have an anecdote.
My eldest sister, who is extremely health-conscious and knowledgeable
about diet, ate virtually no refined grains, no sugar and no processed
foods with her first child (and grew most of her own organic veg's to
boot).  Her son, after the first couple of months, had one extremely
large but normal-looking stool every four days like clockwork.  She
scheduled her activities so she would be at home every fourth day, as he
made one unholy mess.  He gained extremely well and is now happily
married and without known allergies.  Granted, this is just one example.
But I would hate to see infrequent stooling (after the first weeks) start
to be diagnosed as a problem, when we don't really know much of anything
about either the cause of it or whether or how  it's 'treatable' (which
implies that it's not 'normal').  I personally haven't seen any long-term
negative consequences for babies with this pattern.
Marcia McCoy
who doesn't feel like sharing her own personal adult pattern, thank you
very much :-)