Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 17:04:06 -0400
Camille wrote:

< "popping off and on".  (overactive let-down is not
occurring) Mom took baby in for weight check.  things were fine.  Monday
fussing had increased to almost every feeding Mom took baby to pediatrician
for a check up, thinking she may have an ear infection .. no signs of
infection, no sign of illness and baby had gained 6 oz. since Friday.  Mom's
question to me is the baby ready for cereal? >

I hate to bring up the yeastie beasties, but, from my experience
helping moms - and this from the BAB, P. 96

"The baby with thrush has a sore mouth.  The mother may say that at
every feeding the baby starts to nurse but then pulls away and
becomes fussy."

Just an idea to think about.

Alicia Rudin, LLLL in the Bluegrass (Lexington, KY)
mailto:[log in to unmask]