Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 22 Apr 2000 10:07:55 -0400
7Bit
Sender:
I am a little confused and maybe someone can clear this up for me.  I
was thrilled at the defining of the number of Kcal/oz in colostrum vs
formula in a recent post.  Thought it would make great info for staff
inservice along with the recommendations of spoon feeding it to the
infant.

I checked out my Lawrence and found that she listed 57Kcal per 100cc.  (
less calories than formula?)  Are the carbohydrates in colostrum more
readily available or more easily utilized?  Does anyone have any
literature that supports colostrum's superiority for treating
hypoglycemia vs D5W or formula?
I firmly believe it is what we should be using, but am just looking for
documentation to convince the "doubters".

TIA,
Judy IBCLC in Upstate NY