Date:
Sat, 8 Apr 2000 22:58:35 EDT
Hello, anybody out there in the throws of dealing with insurance
reimbursement?  I am doing more and more, of course the only instances where
our local companies will reimburse is if the baby is in NICU. But it is a
start.  My troubles are that it takes so long to get reimbursed, and we
extended a preferred rate with these companies in the hopes that volume would
increase, but that has not materialized.  I need help with how to negotiate
rates and discounts based on volume.  I hired a billing service which has
helped a little on the speed of payment, but not with participation levels.
I have some ideas on what I want them to do in order to keep the "preferred
rate" and would love to discuss with others who are in this arena.  So... if
anyone out there has the fogiest about what I am talking about either private
email or post to list.  I am considering hiring a consultant to help with
this but that sounds expensive and money is slim as usual.  Anyone at ILCA
willing to talk with me?  Maby someone on the reimbursement committee? thanks

Jessica Donahue RN IBCLC
Expressly for you...Everything for the nursing mother.
Makers of the EXPRESS POUCH Breastmilk storage bags!
 <A HREF="http://www.expresslyforyou.com/">www.expresslyforyo</A><A
HREF="http://www.expresslyforyou.com/">u</A>.<A
HREF="http://www.expresslyforyou.com/">com</A>