From:
Rietveld <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 22:49:03 +0200
Hi Libby!

You can find the info you need about Glaucoma in :CLinical therapy in
breastfeeding patients, from our dear Thomas Hale.

He writes that 'several studies of timolol have shown no effect on nursing
infants. Betaxolol may be a second choice following one report of side
effects in a nursing infant'.

suggested reading: Dreyer EB, et al New perspectives on glaucoma. JAMA 1999
Jan 27;281(4):306-8

ALward WL. Medical management of glaucoma. N Engl. J. Med. 1998 Oct 29;
339(18):1298-307. Review.

Podolsky MM. Exposing glaucoma. Primary care physicians are instrumental in
early detection. Postgrad Med. 1998 May; 103(5):131-6, 142-3, 147-8. Review.

You can find Thomas' homepage at: http://neonatal.ttuhsc.edu/lact/
In the forums you can also find some information about medications and
glaucoma.

Hope this helps a little.

Renate Rietveld, IBCLC
Rijswijk, The Netherlands