From:
Marc Lussier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Feb 2000 20:40:07 -0400
Dear Lactnetters,
I am in the process of writing a careplan for the breastfed child for
the inpatient units of our hopital (a childrens hospital).
My search of the archives came up with nothing.  Do any of you have
something like this already in place at your hospital
that you would be willing to share?  This would not be for NICU
patients, we are writing a separate one for the NICU, and
it's the inpatient floor careplan that I'm having more trouble with.
The diagnoses here are so varied, from post open heart to
the baby who got off to a poor start with breastfeeding and just needs
some IV fluids and instruction. Ideas, suggestions etc.
any of you have would be greatly appreciated.
TIA
Mary M. Lussier BSN IBCLC
Hartford CT.