Date:
Sun, 27 Feb 2000 00:12:04 EST
<< Anyone know of a preconception class curriculum or outline that includes
 information about breastfeeding.? >>

My handouts on preconception planning from my book, "Mosby's Maternal-Newborn
Patient Teaching Guides", address bf as one way to budget for baby. Talks
about the economic advantages of bf as well as the health ones.

We also address this in our "Planning for Pregnancy" preconception class at
the hospital where I work.

(If I may brag a minute, I just learned last week that the CD-ROM of my book
was named Book of the Year by the American Journal of Nursing!)

Smiles,

Carol Schlef, RNC, MSW, IBCLC
St. Louis, Missouri