From:
Alice Ernest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Apr 2000 23:17:09 EDT
 Janet
     Since mom has a good milk supply, is it possible that baby is clamping
down to stop the flow of milk?  I wonder if it might be worth a trial of
latching on in cradle position, then leaning back in a recliner or bed, going
against gravity.  Perhaps the nipple shield use slowed down milk transfer,
then when it was stopped baby got too much too fast.  Personally, I find that
finger feeding helps get the baby oriented, if not doing well after
tongue-tie is clipped.  Why ABM and what are they feeding the ABM with?  I
would encourage EBM, if at all possible.  Clampers are a real challenge.
Good luck.
     Alice Ernest IBCLC
     Simpsonville, SC

  Wearing my new "All I needed to know about life I learned by breastfeeding"
T-shirt today.