Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 09:01:13 -0400
I am doing spring cleaning, getting rid of tons of stuff.  Here from
Pediatric Notes 1988, a comment by Dr. Richard Goldbloom, famous Canadian
paediatrician, son of famous Canadian paediatrician and father of Canadian
paediatrician, on a study by Frank DA et al Pediatrics 1987;80:845-54 on how
discharge packs influence mothers negatively.

"There's no such thing as a free lunch, even in the postpartum period,
unless you are breastfed. I'm for an international ban on food and
pharmaceutical giveaways to patients and physicians. Nowadays, house
officers often look like walking billboards, with material advertising
different products protruding from every pocket--but that's a different
story--or is it?"

Jack Newman, MD, FRCPC