Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Denise Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 10:53:39 +1000
Linda asks about advice to wean given to a mother who has experienced
mastitis twice in the breast which has an inverted nipple.
Linda I'm sure you'll get heaps of posts about it not being necessary, ways
to help her keep the nipple in good condition, ways to ensure that segment
of the breast is drained at least once every day and perhaps changes to her
diet.  All of which I would totally support.  You might even get a few
rants on the stupidity of the HCP and lack of appreciation of how good
breastfeeding is.  Again i would agree.
Another option I'll suggest for this mother (if everything else fails) is
to only feed off the other breast. Let this breast involute.  Afterall if
she had had twins the baby would only ever be having one breast.  It may be
a good option for her.
Good luck
Denise