From:
Chris Hafner-Eaton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Mar 2000 21:51:28 -0800
Dear Barbara and Mary:  Honestly, I must say that I hope this is the sign of
open, intellectual discourse that we are having.  Surely, Barbara, you have
a good friend in Mary and I have not had the pleasure of working with either
of you directly.  It was only after I received 4 private emails asking if I
was disturbed by "Barbara's targeted implications" (not my words) about
herbs and shields that I decided to respond both to her personally and to
LN.  So, perhaps, I allowed myself to be sucked in.  Clearly, there is much
to be discussed within these topics given the responses privately and
publicly.  My intent in replying was not to spear or flame anyone, but
defend "a" position (not solely my position).  I truly believe that we, as
IBCLCs, need to support each other and enhance each other's knowledge base
by sharing information.  Thanks for all the wisdom you do share with us.
Warmly,
Chris Hafner-Eaton, PhD, MPH, CHES, IBCLC    [log in to unmask]
mom, wife, educator, lactation consultant, researcher, author, organic
gardener, photographer, lapidary creator, lousy cleaner.