Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Catherine Watson Genna, IBCLC" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 2000 14:55:42 -0400
I read this article when it came out, and have a copy in my files, but
from my memory:
the children lived in Italy
all were exclusively bf, and started solids around the middle of the
first year, 5.5 to 9 mos.  There was a clear demarkation between the
kids who started solids before 7 mos, 1/3 of whom developed anemia by
either 12 or 24 mos, and the kids who started solids at 7 mos or later,
none of whom developed anemia at 12 or 24 mos.  The sample size was 30.
His conclusion was actually pretty lukewarm, it merely stated that in
areas where moms are resistent to using iron supplements, perhaps their
exclusively breastfed kids would be okay anyway.
--
Catherine Watson Genna, IBCLC  New York City  mailto:[log in to unmask]