Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Ann Calandro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 20:42:13 -0700
Three times in the past few months, I have noticed that when a mom began
pumping her colostrum, it all of a sudden gets frothy and bubbly, and starts
rising up and going into the tubing of the double electric pump.
This is after enough colostrum has been expressed that the flange is full
and it is just starting to drip down into the bottle. The milk looks like
someone has taken an egg beater to it.  I know it is okay, but the moms
always ask me why this is happening and I don't know.  We were using Medela
tubing and classic pump, all set up correctly and used correctly.  The next
time she pumps, it doesn't happen.  But the tubing is full of milky bubbles
and must be cleaned.

Any wise explanations for this?

Ann Calandro,RNC, IBCLC