From:
Libby Berkeley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 14:27:34 -0600
Lactnetters:

Please help me with a mom who has just been diagnosed with glaucoma.  I
can't find my copy of Hale, and couldn't find Glaucoma in the LLL Answer
book, Lawrence or Biancuzzo.  Her opthamologist told her to wean the baby
pretty much right away.  He told her she could have a couple of weeks. Baby
is 5m/o and totally breastfed. The mother is very reluctant to do it, and
since I don't know anything about glaucoma nor its treatment, I am very
reluctant to tell her anything. The only advise I could give her was to get
me the names of the meds and we could look them up.  I also told her it
might be a good idea to begin pumping and storing so that she could give
him BM for as long as possible.

Any body know anything about the TX for Glaucoma and breastfeeding?

Libby Berkeley, MPH, CHES, (working towards IBCLC)
in El Paso