From:
Barbara Latterner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 17:01:26 EDT
What's your personal experience with feeding a baby?
    I breastfed all of my babies    8444        48.9%
    I fed all of my babies formula  2270        13.1%
    I breastfed some of my babies and gave some formula     2193        12.7%
    I'm currently breastfeeding     3714        21.5%
    I'm currently feeding my baby formula   656         3.8%

Total votes:    17277

Do you believe that "breast is best" for a baby?
    Yes, absolutely 14936       78.3%
    No, formula is just as good 904         4.7%
    I think it may be better, but I don't think it makes that much of a
difference  3243        17.0%

Total votes:    19083

I found this on AOL families with a website on BF (part of ivillage).  I went
to the site because it was advertised when my internet came on.  Not bad
survey results!  The disconcerting thing is that once again aol has a picture
of mom/baby being bottle fed.  I wrote to the IBCLC who has info and answers
questions to see if she is aware of this, since the picture is associated
with aol, I think not ivillage.  Anyone who has AOL might take a look.
Barbara Latterner, BSN,RN,IBCLC
Brewster, NY