From:
Jill Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 15:07:18 -0700
I agree with all the responses to this. My thought was that their were two
issues going on here. The  first being the therapist uncomfortable with the
extended nursing which was  addressed superbly.
But if the baby is nursing throughout the therapy session I too would be
very frustrated. I therapist has very limited time to evaluate, treat, talk
to the mom, talk to the other therapist, and do all the documentation.
Although I can sympathize with the mom wanting to comfort the child, the
therapists may need the entire session to help the child. A lot of
developmental therapy is based on a progression of tasks that need a certain
flow so to speak to work.
Just my 2 cents.
Jill Andrews OTR