Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 09:34:27 EST
Dear Friends:
    I don't know about fat content being high in colder climates. I have
heard about women from certain regions have a tendency to greater milk
volumes. Anna Utter IBCLC spoke  at a conference about 6-7 years ago on
oversupply. She noticed that most of the women she worked with on this
challenge had central European and Jewish  ancestry.
    I have also heard and I think I have read somewhere that women of
Lebanese descent may tend to have a greater fat content....which doesn't go
with the idea of increased fat associated with a cold climate.
    On one hand, I can believe these things as there are some types of
mammals known for certain milk traits. The Guernsey strain of cattle is known
for a high fat content; other variations are known for great supply. On the
other hand, with the greatness of human variability, supply and fat content
are dependent on other factors such as mother's storage capacity and feeding
frequency.
    We'll probably never be able to put a finger on it.
Nikki Lee RN, MSN, Mother of 2, IBCLC, CSTP, CIMI
Elkins Park (a suburb of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania,  northeastern USA)