Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Mysti Easterwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 2000 22:52:51 -0600
(Yeah, I wish it was more aliterative, too...)

Hello All,

        I have only a minute or two to tap on the keyboard here, but I
wanted to follow up on a couple of the acidophilus questions.

        First, I'm not at all sure how l. bifidus factors get into
breastmilk, but they are already there.  I can't recall from memory which
lactation physiology reference I saw it in, but do remember that it was one
of the bifidus strains, not the acidopholus.  No matter, most pillform
concentrations of lactobacilli have several.  I'll look it up when I get to
work on Tues.

        My ignorance also extends to *how* intensive dosing (500 mg.
capsules 3x a day) is actually vehiculated to the breast.  But I've been
using this as a firstline strategy with babies with diarrhea or
constipation for several years with consistently good results.   It was
first suggested to me by my midwife when I expressed concerns about using
yogurt directly (she had advised the use of *only the whey* for a stubborn
case of constipation with my last child).