From:
Rachel e-mail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 21:30:36 +0100
Well, now I've heard it all!  If the baby isn't growing enough, wean the baby and feed it artificially because the culprit must be the mother's milk.  If the baby is growing by leaps and bounds, give the baby supplemental foods because a baby that big must need more than just milk (a local variation, heard on numerous occasions).   And: if the baby is starting to express its genetic potential, wean the baby because it must be the fault of the breast milk!
Do these doctors also refer children for endocrine workups if they suspect that their adult height will be more than two standard deviations from average in either direction?  How about orthopedic surgery for shorties or estrogen to hasten puberty for tall girls?  Since when did the ready-to-wear clothing industry get to determine what is an acceptable size for Homo sapiens?
This sounds more like a neurological problem to me, and I don't think the baby is the one with the problem.
SMHIDAD
Rachel Myr, still holding steady at an altitude of five feet.
(Shaking My Head In Disgust And Disbelief)