Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 12:29:03 EST
Roni states,

<< Well she did it again. On yesterdays show she was discussing how different
 companies are preparing for Y2K. When she got to the hospital piece, she said
 to two pregnant women in the audience, "Don't you want to know you will be
 able to get your epidural!" >>

Seems to me what she SHOULD have said is that in order to be completely
prepared for Y2K, all women should be breastfeeding -- just in case there is
no electricity, no water, no heat....just in case there is no gas to truck
the formula to the grocery stores -- or to get to the grocery stores -- if
they are open....just in case...women should be breastfeeding.  Women ARE Y2K
compliant for feeding infants...if only they will listen....

You can give birth without an epidural.  You can EVEN give birth (gasp)
without a hospital.  Or a doctor.  (Ask my husband and my son...) And you can
feed your baby even if Ross Labs, Mead Johnson, and Gerber all fall apart.

Jan Barger, RN, MA, IBCLC