Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 2009 21:14:53 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (17 lines)
We just finished JACHO two weeks ago and one of the surveyors?was in our nursery during a day from hell, he was obessed with the temps for?our fridges for our well baby expressed breastmilk. He was really into Mary Rose Tully as his source.? I got a phone call at home asking me if I had her book.? 
I looked up in Lawrence and Riordan and in one she was a source.? Journal of Human Lactation had a review of her book. So now our unit will be buying it. So if you want to impress them on parameters of fridge make sure you have her as your source.'Needless it was speedily incorporated into our Mandatory Competencies for all our staff.
They are also thinking of getting rid of refrigerator for EBM and having all milk carried directly to NICU...I told them that's ludicrious due to fact we have babies in nursery for phototherapy and often Mom's bring EBM for them.? Just have the information and logs in order and know the temp parameters.
Leanne Jewell RN-BC, I:BCLC,LCCE, FACCE
South Miami Hospital, South Miami, Florida

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2