Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 2003 16:02:32 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (27 lines)
Here is my story about bf in public. My 2 boys (3&5yrs) have speech therapy every Tuesday. I nurse my 9 week old every week in the waiting area. Today there was another family in there, while the mom was chasing the 2-3yr old the 6 or so yr old boy came over to admire my little girl. I was nursing her, he asked if she was getting mommy nana's. He then told me about his bf experience and his friend's bf experience. He then asked me what was in there (my breasts). I told him milk, and he said that his mom made one side milk and one side chocolate milk. His mom then came back and said she could only imagine what he had said. I said that obviously he was bf. It was nice to see what children know and think.

Just a side note. I just talked to a mom while typing who is looking for postpartum doula help. She is expecting triplets. I asked her about bf and she said that she wouldn't as she is a 30JJ and with her son 16yrs ago it was too painful. "Besides" she said " formula is so much better now, it's so close to breastmilk". I about died, I told her that it still had a long way to go (while bitiing my tongue till it bled) and that with bm, which her body would make regardless, if she were to pump it that her babies would go home faster than if on formula. Oh my the work to be done.

Seattle, USA

Heather Shelley CCCE, CPD, CD
     www.birthingyourway.com

---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free, easy-to-use web site design software

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2