Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 10:05:12 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (9 lines)
>I don't have internet access but Jenny Bowen has allowed me to use her access in order for me to pose this question to you.
  I have spoken with two different mothers now, who have complained of having minty-green breastmilk.  Both these mothers are unknown to each other.  Both these mothers experienced this at around month one into the breastfeeding process. And both their babies became fussy and refused their breastmilk.  This lead to early weaning with the baby being content on formula after that  Both had experience breastfeeding as uneventful and described breastfeeding as going well up until that point.  Neither mother had ingested dark green vegetables or had changed their diet in any way.  Neither had experienced breast infections or illness.  No medications except prenatal vitamins which had been ingested since pregnancy.  Neither had extra iron tablets.  They both denied a green hue to their milk and stated that it was best described as the color of mint chocolate chip ice-cream, without the chips of course.  I have failed to find any information of this description and would love some help.  If anyone out there has experienced this same situation or possibly knows what this could be caused from, please respond to list since I am not on private E-Mail

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2