Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Jun 2010 03:43:21 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (34 lines)
laurie wheeler wrote:

"My understanding is you do not need a degree but you do need to complete the coursework listed in the 8 subjects and 6 subjects."

I have another question about the required courses in anatomy, physiology etc - it may be possible for most of you to take just the courses you want at a college in your country, without being enrolled in a whole education program, but that's not possible where I live. All courses are part of a specific education program here and unless you are studying in this particular specialty, you cannot attain. And I don't really want (or have the time and money) to do the whole nursing education - so is there another option, something on the internet perhaps? Like the health.e-learning courses?

I have my own questions too, although I am not sitting the exam in the next few years, but still I will use this opportunity to voice them:

I have a master's degree (in languages), so that's not a problem for me - but I am functioning as a peer councellor and got all my education and practice (more than 5 years now) in our local bf peer councellor program which is not at all world wide known as are LLL and ABA. 

So I often wonder if that education - 40 hour long bf course and 5 required practice hours in the duration of the course - will count as prerequisite and how am I supposed to prove it is equivalent to other bf education programs... 

I work in a hospital setting under direct doctor supervision and out of the hospital too, but I do have to report every contact with moms and of course refer them in case there is something outside of my scope of practice. 

I welcome every piece of advice and/or experience you have to offer on this topics on or off the list.

Christina Yaneva
BF Peer Councellor
Bulgaria

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2