Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 2008 00:22:02 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (63 lines)
I very often use Bach Flower remedies to help babies and mommies heal from birth and post-partum trauma. 

It would be an ideal treatment for Mary's baby who was born w/ vacuum after  a prolonged second stage. 

To give an example, last week, I saw a mom of a preemie, born 33 weeks (mom had bf other kids for the 

normal length of time (lots of years), but had a terrible experience in NICU. Neo had not "allowed" baby to

have her mother's mil due to blood in the stool, claiming it might be lactose intolerance and invoking a NEC

scare. Baby was fed alimentum by NG tube and then by bottle. Bf'ing was not "allowed". Mom went home 

and began to attempt to feed, but baby would not have it. Mom switched baby to all EBM at my suggestion

and when I saw them, we were able to get baby on for a short time with a tube at breast after I gave the baby

some clematis (applied topically). 

I gave mom a list of Bach Flowers to purchase and sent her home to co-bathe with the baby, using the flowers

in the tub. Mom called that night to say baby had fed for 10 minutes--no tube. Over the next few days, mom did 

co-bathing often and baby always fed when she did. Within 6 days, baby was 100% on breast and after CST is 

feeding very well. 

I have very often used the flowers in this way, w/ huge success. If you do not know them at all, you can just have 

mom use Rescue Remedy. The benefit of co-bathing, aside from the obvious, is that the mom and babe are both

bathed in the energy of the essences and both respond in unison. 

Jennifer Tow, IBCLC, CT, USA
Intuitive Parenting Network LLC

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2