From:
Michael Moroney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Aug 1996 23:27:55 -0400
>      I have been looking for a source for Drone sized foundation.
>      Does anyone know who handles it, it price, and such?

Related question:

I read somewhere (perhaps this list) of foundation that was intermediate in
size between worker and drone cell size.  The idea was use this in supers and
skip the queen excluder. If the queen wandered up there she wouldn't lay eggs
in it since it was the wrong size for either workers or drones.  But it would
be fine for honey.  You could therefore run a hive without a queen excluder
without worrying about getting brood in the supers.

Questions:  Does this work?  If so does anyone actually make this?

-Mike