From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Jun 2001 19:17:12 -0600
I see Dr. Rodriguez is making quite a splash worldwide.  I remember when he
first announced  -- with some excitement -- here on BEE-L that he was
working on an earth-shattering cure for varroa.

Since then he has been working away at this project and has apparently found
an appreciative audience in Europe and South America.

This appeared on the francophone Belgian bee list and I'll give a quick
paraphrase at the end:

> Aujourd´hui dans l´Espagne on employ l´huile mineral pour combatre la
> varroa.  la methode a eté mis en place par un apiculteur americaine qui
> vive un mois en Espagne et un mois en Amerique .
> il s´agit de l´employ de vaseline vapirissé et de vaselina dans des cordes
> qu´on place sur les cadres, les abeilles en netoyant les ruches sont
> couberts par la vaseline  ce qui fait obstruire les espiracules du varroa
> ,provocant la mort pour axfisie.
> si vuos etèz interesés a ce methode je peu vous envoyer l´adress
d´internet
> en englais ou en Español pour conaitre la maniere d´actuer et  l´adresse
du
> doctor veterinaire Pedro Pablo Rodriguez qui a mis au point la methode.
> l´huile mineral est du tipe alimentaire e medicinel ce qui ne laisse de
> residues dans le miel.
> je vous demande d´escuses pour mon mauvais francais
> Au Bientot.
> Agustin Arias Martinez
> Aula Apicola Municipal
> Azuqueca de Henares
> Guadalajara- España

"Today in Spain they use mineral oil to combat varroa.  The method was put
in place by an American beekeeper who lives one month in Spain and one month
in America.

"Apparently he uses minearal oil vaporized and some oil on cords one places
on the frames.   The bees, in cleaning the hive, are covered with the oil
which obstructs the spiracles of the varroa and causes death  by
asphixiation.

"If you are interested in this method, I am able to send you the internet
address of the veterinarian doctor in English or in Spanish of Dr. Pedro
Pablo Rodriguez who has developed this method.  Mineral oil is a medicinal
food ingredient that does not leave a residue in  honey.
etc....

allen