From:
Alan Pagliere <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Aug 1998 08:56:40 -0400
        I just harvested my first super of honey. Thrilling.
        Some quick questions on two fronts:
        I would like to give wax back to the bees if possible. If so, how
does one do so? Can you just leave a bowl with the wax sitting in it near
the hive entrance?  Will the honey that is on the wax cause robbing from
other bees? Can this also be done with other wax (the occasional scraping
of burr comb)? Do they actually use it, bring it back into the hive?

        Secondly, is there a way to have bees clean out the honey that
remains on extracted comb without putting the comb back on the hive
(thereby leaving the comb cleaner/dryer for overwinter storage)?

        As always, I appreciate tremendously the combined experience and
helpfulness of the members of this list.

|                 Alan Pagliere               |
|        http://www.umich.edu/~pagliere/      |