From:
Gerry Visel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Feb 1997 21:16:53 EST
Thomas,

   Just clean them out and make sure  they have an exit to outside still.
Mine did that last year.  I just cleaned them up and kept plenty of feed
on them, and they bounced back fine.

   Can't tell where you are located, but my field hive bees get out to
fly even now when it gets up near that temperature.  The obs hive
(3-framer) sometimes flies sooner, I guess because it is warmer inside,
or maybe it is the light cycle (longer days coming on.)  Maybe mites?

   The obs hive is building up a small patch of brood.  She started
laying in January.

Gerry and the other Visels at
Winnebago, Illinois, USA