From:
Gerry Visel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Feb 1997 21:20:17 EST
Bill,

   Honey is 18 or so percent water, and often their problem is getting
rid of the excess.  (It freezes on the inner covers of outdoor hives if
they are not ventilated at the top, and can run down the front of the
inside.)  I always keep a quart jar of syrup on my indoor obs hive, and
the one from November just got emptied, so they must not need too much
extra.  They are just starting to really build up the patch of brood, and
are eating more honey/pollen.

Gerry and the other Visels at
Winnebago, Illinois, USA

On Mon, 17 Feb 1997 14:21:00 -0500 "William J. Morrison"
<[log in to unmask]> writes:           <<<snip<<<<