From:
Lloyd Spear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 14:16:51 -0400
I received a note from www.localhoneyforsale.com asking for people to list
their local honey and other honeybee related items for sale.  These sites
exist to collect data on their members and sell it to others.  Nonetheless,
sometimes it can be worthwhile to use their services to sell to others.

I presume, but cannot be certain, that they got my email address from this
list.  Therefore others may also have been solicited.

Before providing my personal data I tried to search for others who may have
signed up.  I used information I have on reliable beekeepers and searched in
their area of the country. I tried 10 such searches, and each time was told
that there was not any seller located in that area code or zip code!

The email to me was signed by "Terence Golla", but I could not find any
reference to that name in the current American Beekeeping Federation
membership directory.  The web site does not provide the name of any owner,
founder, etc., nor did I find any way to contact them by email.

I decided to not become a "member", which means that I did not provide the
requested personal information.

Lloyd
Mailto: [log in to unmask]
Lloyd Spear Owner, Ross Rounds, Inc.  The finest in comb honey production.
Visit our web site at http://www.rossrounds.com.