Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 1998 14:39:06 -0500
-- [ From: Beemaid * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

I am assuming that when you say pharmaceutical grade mineral oil you are
referring to USP or British Pharmacopoeia Standards.  If this is the case,
then the item about the only difference with FGMO is being fabricated in
"clean" rooms is false, because in order to meet Pharmaceutical standards it
has to be manufactured or fabricated in "CLEAN" room conditions.

As for why to use Food Grade vs Pharmaceutical Grade, if in the off chance
that some of the mineral oil gets into the honey or wax and has a chance of
being ingested by some one, that is the justification for using Food Grade.

Just like in food processing plants where they have to use FOOD GRADE grease
where there is the possibility of contact with the food product.

I hope this helps clarify some discussions about Food Grade vs
Pharmaceutical grade.

Sincerely,

Quentin Bochar BSc.
Laboratory Technician