From:
Wendy l Evensen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jan 1998 10:45:11 -0500
Tom,

I am a soaper located in central NC, and I integrate beeswax into every
batch I make.  There are about 3 or 4 lists I am on for soapers, one for
toiletries, which includes everything from homemade dusting powder and
bath salts to cream or lotions, and one list which is devoted to
glycerine melt and pour soap(which does not utilize beeswax).

I've been on these lists for sometime, but if you are interested let me
know and I'll try to dig out some information.  I make my soap in small
batches, 6-10#, and I make a variety of "flavors" I make one line using
only vegetable oils: Olive, Sunflower, Palm and Coconut with a few ounces
of beeswax, also 100% Olive Oil bars, and a line of herbal soaps
(Calendula, Rosemary, etc) and a line of vegetable and lard soaps. I have
found through trial and error and many $$ that 1/2 ounce of beeswax per
lb. of soap makes a much harder and longer lasting bar, just my humble
opinion of course.

Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Wendy
Sadie Scarecrow's Herbal Garden