From:
Walter Patton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jan 1998 07:56:28 -1000

        Regarding General Mills save the honey bee program. I agree that the way
that GM handeled the program left a lot to be desired and it was a
beginning. Lot's of room for improvement, AND better then nothing, IMHO.
Why can't American Bee Keepers get united about the saving of US bee
keepers. One of the projects could be to approach every manufacture that
chooses to use honey or bees as part of their packaging design to help with
the effort to save US bee keepers. We could ask for annual participation.
Maybe GM would like to redo the promotion and with some advance notice to
Bee clubs, who could advise schools and with cooperative mailings could
save postage and pretty soon the amount collected and contributed could
become more significant. Again I wonder why we , beekeepers, can't act a
little more like our beloved honey bees and " KOKUA" Hawaiian for work
together for a good common cause.
                        Aloha
                                Walter