From:
Sid Pullinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 1996 06:29:33 +0100
My thanks to Andy Nachbaur for his very long reply and to Frank Humphrey for
his very short one.  As regards the latter, we also have 640 acres to the
square mile so it would appear that our measurements coincide.  Now why
should measurements fool me?  600,000 acres divided by 640 gives my figure
of 625 square miles and that, I repeat, represents a lot of almonds.  If
they require 800,000 hives for pollination that bill alone must run into
many million dollars.  A huge industry.  Surely they do not all go into
cakes and candy bars.
Regards                         Sid P.
Sid Pullinger                    Email :  [log in to unmask]
36, Grange Rd                Compuserve:  [log in to unmask]
Alresford
Hants SO24 9HF
England