From:
"Mark D. Egloff" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 1996 08:55:48 EST
     Well, this will seem to be a strange request, given the current
     depleted status of the honeybee population in the US, BUT, I
     set up a two queen hive for the first time this spring and I
     now have more bees in that one hive than I know what to do
     with.  I will be pulling honey supers off of the hive in about
     another two weeks, but then I have a problem --

     How do I get rid of the extra and then unneeded bees?  These
     bees will be the older foragers, possibly (although not tested)
     with the larger risk of mite infection, etc.

     The colony is super vigorous. (BTW, it is great to see one this
     strong.  I didn't know what a REAL hive of bees was until this
     one.)  I don't want to damage it or hurt it in any way, but I
     would like to filter out the excess foragers and quietly get
     rid of thiem or find some other use for them.  Any ideas on how
     to proceed??

     Mark Egloff
     Dayton, Ohio, USA