From:
Nancy Nurmi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 13:41:01 +0000
Hello,
I tried a search of the archives, re first void, urine output,
urination etc but didn't get what I was looking for.  My resourses
indicate that most (>50%) of infants void within the first 24 hours
and about 99% void by 48 hours.  Our staff and physicians have always
used "if infant hasn't voided by 24 hours" need to intervene.  Thus
the staff calls the physician with the problem and gets an order to
supplement.  Does anyone have a policy about this first void and what
should be done?  I would really like to get the time extended but
need to make a good arguement for watchful waiting.  Would love to
hear some of your ideas.

Thanks
Nancy - LC in the really cold NW Ontario, Canada